There are many reasons why most pitches fail to impress or get the desired outcome. So I’m going to attempt to list as many reasons as I can, but often bad pitches include all of these MUST NOT’s!
- YOU’RE BORING That’s right, I’m bored so I stopped listening. It’s simple really, bore me to death and it does not matter how good you are or how much better than the rest you are, I’m bored.
- You’re too god damn arrogant. Don’t tell me how great you are, and why if I don’t use you I will regret it! Arrogance is a big TURN OFF!
- You slag the competition. Telling me that your competitors are useless or don’t know what they’re doing and you’re the only reputable company to work with, pretty much tells me that you’re the company to steer clear of. DON’T SLAG the COMPETTION.
- You’re stuffing credibility down people’s throats. I get it. You have a Masters degree; you’re an expert builder who has built a million houses, in a unique way that no else on this planet could have. Plus you developed, technically that makes your process quicker than the rest, you have an OBE, all your clients give you five star reviews. Don’t ram your experience and qualifications down my throat. I won’t engage with that.
- Your list of problems is so long, I have fallen asleep.
- The problems you solve don’t make sense. I’m confused.
- Your delivery is monotone which is boring.
- Your written pitch is so long I don’t have time to read a 1hr pitch!
Now this is not a definitive list, but you can see where I am going with this. People buy people, and all of the above does not lean well to that process. The person you’re pitching too has to be engaged and believe you are credible, trust worthy, and worth listening to. Boring the pants of them, being arrogant, confusing them, etc, all makes them switch off. And the only way you win is keeping someone engaged from start to finish.
Like with any well-made plan, a pitch needs one too, so if you have ‘winged’ it, not had training, or realise you could up your pitching game, sign up today for our FREE one day workshop.
Sign up for the FREE one day workshop and you be given the framework to structure your pitch, have the tools to go out into the market with confidence and real clarity over the value you can offer.
Spaces are limited, so SIGN up TODAY and help make 2019 your best year yet!